Giving of time or talent is an intregal part of life at de Chantal. Adult volunteers have many and varied opportunities to get involved during or after school hours.
Some opportunities during the school day are:
- assisting with preparing hot lunches four days a week (see the Lunch Program page),
- supervising a classroom during the lunch and recess break as a Lunch Angel (see the Lunch Angel Program),
- Senior Citizen Volunteer Opportunities! Helpers welcome to check papers and assist on classroom projects (contact: Mrs. Cathy D'Amour),
- assisting the teacher with special classroom activities (contact the teacher), and
- reading to the students during DEAR time (contact the teacher).
Examples of opportunities after school hours include but are not limited to the many HSA sponsored events, CYO activities and Scouting.
Volunteering to work with or around children carries with it the responsibility to comply with the Archdiocese of Washington's Child Protection Policy and to meet Child Protection Policy compliance requirements.